Return to the Water
19:37 on 31 May 2020
As we begin to move into the first stage of the Northern Ireland's Executive five-step Pathway to Recovery, CAYC are aware that the membership may be wondering what this means for on the water activities at the club.
All forms of water-sports practised on open waterways are allowed sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, rowing, kayaking, surfing, paddle-boarding and the use of motorised craft (in line with navigation authority guidance).
No organised sailing will be taking place at CAYC. The clubhouse and most of the facilities remain closed. The slipway has been cleaned, should anyone wish to do recreational sailing or kayaking in a personal capacity. Therefore, there is access permitted to Beach Road boat house.
We would ask that all members please review the Club's guidelines to the membership on the CAYC website.
Click here to view them - http://countyantrimyc.clubmin.website/sailing-1/recreational-boating
| If anyone chooses to go on the water, keep in mind the following guidelines: |
- Social distancing must be adhered to at all times.
- Outdoor activities must consist of small groups of less than 6 people who do not share a household. If on arrival at the club there are already 6 people on the water, please defer until another time.
- Do not travel with someone from outside your household unless social distancing can be maintained.
- Individuals should operate at low risk and within their capabilities. Higher risk water-based activities discouraged as they may lead to increased pressure on emergency services.
- Aim for no shared contact with hard surfaces e.g. equipment. If unavoidable disinfect surfaces between use by different participants / groups.
|CAYC would also advise: |
- Only experienced Sailors or Kayakers should return to the water at present.
- No-one under the age of 18 should go on the water without a parent on shore or accompanying them on the water.
- An additional paddle should be brought on board a dinghy
- Everyone needs to bring their own personal sanitiser.
If in doubt, don't go out.
| We would ask that all members please review the Club's guidelines to the membership on the CAYC website. Click here to view them - http://countyantrimyc.clubmin.website/sailing-1/recreational-boating|
Initially, members who intend to use the slipway and go out on the water should let others know by joining the What's App group that has been set up by several members - to join the What's App Group "Return to Water" reply to this email with your contact number.
As activity increases we will be introducing sessions to control access, please adhere to these times and keep the Club informed of your intentions.
Please stay safe.
Last updated 09:53 on 17 June 2020